Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

My Obsession

4 June 2007, Wednesday

I normally do not succumb to freebies or spend a certain amount of money to get some cheap toy. So when the promotion came around to collect little stamps with a card for you to stick on – I thought to myself, errr ~ okay I'm doing it since I buy my toilet necessities from them and also purchase off the counter drugs once in a while. I think I even threw out like 2 stamps in the early days of the promotion.

Then it's like addiction cause this promo gets to you. Soon, I was visiting the store just to purchase something to get a stamp – and lo and behold, there were even times when they had double promotion!! For the same amount of money spent, you get double the amount of stamps.

So with promotion coming to an end soon, and by now, I was still short of 7 measly stamps to go!! Here's the story:

Jaya Supermarket @ June 26
Purchase RM150 worth of goods to get 6 stamps. Purposely bought an item which had a double stamp promotion so I got 1 extra stamp

At Home @ June 26
*damn* Miscalculated !! I actually needed 8 stamps and not 7!!

KLCC Mall @ June 29
Went to Guardian there intending to spend RM25 of don’t know what yet, so that I can redeem my beloved soft toy. I've been eyeing him for a long while how. Paid, got my stamp, stuck it onto the card; and promptly told the cashier:

Me: I want to redeem my Eeyore please

Cashier: Ahh – sorry no more Miss. Only got Winnie Pooh and Rabbit

Me: *gasp*! Never mind, I go redeem from another store then

SS2 @ July 01
Me: Lou Kong, stop here for awhile. I want to see if this branch has my soft toy

Lou Kong: Okay.

(Walks into the store, in front of me there was an Aunty. She beats me to the cashier. )

Aunty: You have the donkey ah?

Cashier: No more la. Only Winnie and Rabbit!!

Me: !! Are there any more coming in?

Cashier: Maybe you can try next week?

Amcorp Mall @ July 02
(I was in my office and calls Lou Kong who was at the Mall)

Me: You in Amcorp Mall ah? Please check for me the store there to see if there is Eeyore… Puleez don’t forget ah.. important le…

Lou Kong: Ok…

Guess what ??? It was the last Eeyore in the store !! ……. Yippee!! I'm so happy…You must think I've gone off the rockers or something. I think I would have driven to SACC Mall , Shah Alam and the SEA Park branch if Amcorp Mall did not have it. Come to think about it, you need to spend RM625 max at Guardian just to get a soft toy?? Oh boy…..




11 comments:

Mumsgather said...

Hahaha. Sometimes I'm like this too. Do you think its a woman thing? The men seems immune.

laundryamah said...

after looking into the newspaper baru know what u were talking about..hahaha...

Nadia said...

Haha! Yeah, I got Eeyore too. Now I nak redeem Tigger, but everywhere sulah habis lahhh... Bleh!

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

I don't bother with this sort of things...but eeyore, is my favourite Winnie the Pooh character.

Pinky said...

I got Winnie the Pooh for Jeremy and he absolutely adore the "bear" as he call it. Btw, I signed Jeremy up for Gymboree Bangsar Village and I can bring a guest for a free for one class - do you want to come? Otherwise, wasted la since I dunno anyone else in the 10-16 month category . If you are interested, you can drop me a line in my chatbox

Baby Darren said...

finally u got ur Eeyore...efford not wasted after all...I'm not into all these things nowadays (was like that probably 10 years ago)...i did really throw away few stamps from this campaign as I know I sure won;t be able to collect all...

milkmaid said...

Mumgather: I think it's a woman thing lar , but now all women...

L/amah: Promo big big some more....

Nadia : Dont you think he's just the sweetest?

WMD & B/Darren: Usually me too, but started to collect already, so continue lar

Pinky : Thanks! I dont mind trying out. My neighbour's son goes too.

mommy of 3 angels said...

hahah the lenghts we go to get what we want! worth every effort & minute of it right??

ZMM said...

Wah.. you actually go around to hunt for that Eeyore! Terror!

Sasha Tan said...

alamak i still need err about 7 more *sigh*

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

i'm sure i'd be like that too if i were in kl. recently here got huggies brand collect 10 stamps or so i think, can get a musical mat but there's a catch, must send in with AU$12, cehhhhhhh, not bothered lah.